Monday, December 3, 2007

Quest for Fansite Number Two

Hi, I’m Andrew the webmaster of the fansite Puffy AmiYumi World. Thought I’d set up a blog to go with my site.

The latest news is I’m looking for another Japanese group to make a fansite for. Puffy AmiYumi World was my first website and done in simple HTML. Now that I’m learning some more advanced CSS stuff I think I might prefer to use it to design a new website, rather than (yikes!) redoing all 300+ pages of my Puffy site.

I was looking at Shonen Knife but according to our forum member Anthony they already have a fansite with links to the group itself. I think I might prefer a newer group with only a couple of CDs out (making song pages for each song is time consuming lol).

I was checking out Go!Go!7188 this weekend. They have a “live concert’ on MySpace you can watch. Wow they can really rock. They also did some mini-tours of the US this year, some video of which you can also watch on their official website (which is very nicely done btw). Their official site also has a link (http://www.emimusic.jp/capitol/gogo7188/) where you can listen to each song from their CD “Parade.” Its music I really, really like.

But there are already several fansites or general Japanese group music sites with large sections on the group (I can now see why). So I don’t think yet-another Go!Go!7188 fansite is really needed. I think I’ll order a couple of their CDs from CD Japan and decide then. They are definitely on the short list. Oh the conundrum.

So any suggestions?

No comments: